Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Another unexpected twist….

There is never a dull moment in the Stoll household. Kimberly called me early Saturday morning saying “I’m on my way to take Brooke to the emergency room”. WHAT?!? Long story short, her appendix was enlarged and had almost ruptured. Her white blood count was 18,000, which is sky-rocket high and an obvious indication of a major infection. Toxins were building up in her appendix and had it ruptured, she might not have made it. Boy oh boy, another grace of God event that happened without even knowing it. Think about it – they catch it before it becomes a MAJOR issue (if not a fatal event) and she is now home resting and gets a week off of school. Ain’t God great? I was, of course, caught completely off guard by the phone call, so I started scrambling trying to figure out if I can make it back to Greensboro before the surgery Saturday afternoon. I was able to get a flight through a friend (thanks Gary and Margaret!) and spent all day flying back to NC. Brooke got out of surgery when I was waiting for a connecting flight out of Philadelphia, which made the last leg much easier on the mind. So….I was back in the air at 6:30AM this morning. Another 36 hour weekend at home! The funny thing is I left a hotel room in Houston to go to an empty home (not counting Pug 1 and Pug 2). Bre spent the night with a friend Saturday night, and Kimberly stayed at the hospital with Brooke. How ironic.

Back in Houston, today was labs and I have 2 days off until another round of labs on Thursday. It looks like I’ll fly back home Thursday night, fly back to Houston Monday morning for treatment Monday afternoon, and fly back to Greensboro early Tuesday morning. WHEW! My fanny is getting flat from sitting in those oh-so-comfortable airplane seats. NOT! Thank God the treatment is not giving me any side affects so I can travel back home with relative ease. I’ve been in a hotel room for close to month now, so the thought of a couple of weeks at home in my own bed is simply decadent. Sometimes the simple things in life are wonderfully fantastic.

Till next time, B...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home