Friday, December 22, 2006

Another challenge....

As I sit at home typing this latest blog entry, it's 2:30AM. Why am I up so late on a Thursday night/Friday morning? I just got out of the hospital Thursday evening after a 3 day stint. Man, I tell you what, my life is NEVER boring. I've been feeling pretty run down for several weeks now, thinking there was something like a virus making me feel worn out, this on top of the regular stuff you deal with on chemo. Well, Monday night I started feeling really bad, and by Tuesday AM I literally could barely walk. Kimberly took me to the onc, who promptly admitted me to the hospital. Turns out my white cell counts were dangerously low (0.7), making me a walking time bomb for infection. They did a battery of tests on me while I was in the hospital, making sure there wasn't some type of bacterial infection. Everything came back negative, thank God. They pumped me full of fluids, I enjoyed some decent inpatient meals, and did nothing but rest. Originally my doc told me I would be in the hospital for 5 or 6 days. Doing some quick math made me realize I could be there on Christmas eve. No way, period. Through the grace of God and modern medicine, I was out of there in 3 days.

My "sleep clock" is all whacked out right now. I've basically been sleeping in 2 hours segments for 3 days. There are constant interruptions in the hospital, and the bed is a bit less than comfortable. Regardless, I so enjoy being home.

Happy holidays to everyone in blogger-land. I wish you the best for 2007.

Till next time, Brian...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey brother:

So glad to hear all is well...or well now. I was checking blog every day---sometimes twice a day to make sure you were feeling good and come to hear, you'd been laid up in the hospital! I am praising God you are home now.

Thanks for the heads up on the sermon spice.com...I was able to find another video (Christmas Linebacker) and use for our Youth Christmas party...I LOVE that website.

My prayers are continually with you and your family. I hope that this is the best Christmas ever.

May God keep His big arms of peace and hope around you,

Diane J.

5:58 AM, December 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home