Friday, July 13, 2007

"If there is anything I can do to help..."


I cannot begin to tell you how many times in one day I hear that question. And you know what? I never grow tired of hearing it. This whole journey has helped me to fully understand the compassion and humanity of the human race. I am amazed at the help and support our family has received from so many people, some of whom we don't even know. A heart felt thank you to you all.

One of the devasting aspects of cancer is the financial toll it puts on a family. Even with insurance, there are co-pays, deductibles, expenses not covered, etc. Needless to say, one area that we have "robbed" is our children's college funds. Long story short, we have had many people ask us to create a charitable fund. This account is in leiu of sending cards, flowers etc.
The fund is entitled "Breanne & Brooke's Future" and you can make a donation at any Wachovia bank. If they question where the original account is set up, it's the Bridford Parkway location in Greensboro, NC. I feel somewhat guilty doing this. So many of you have been so generous to our family over the last year and we are grateful for this. But the bottom line is I have lost my ability to be there for my family and it really grinds at me that I cannot go out and give them the things they need in life.
Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send me an email or post a comment on the blog. I thank God everyday for putting folks like you in my life!
Till next time, Brian....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Brian - we've met before you might remember me. Many (many) years ago, Dedria and I came down to Orlando and you let us stay at your house.

My Friend Dedria is one of those friends that you don't see for years but pickup right were you left off because you love each other so much. Well any way - Dedria told me that you were sick I guess about 8 months ago. I was almost out of my own cancer treatments, still having a few months left of iv's (a long 14 months)
Every day I would check your blog and I have to tell you I would get really worried when you hadn't written anything for 5 days or more. That's when I would email Dedria and ask her how you were coming along.

Anyway I am checking on you today (as usual) Friday the 13th -what a great day it is (I am serious. The sun is out the clouds are fluffy on and on...) Your blog today, I have to say got me quite fuming. (I do really understand how you can worry -that what parents do) HOWEVER DO You think for one minute that you have lost your ability to be there for your family? you have no idea do you. You don't have time for this. I know you realize - please tell me so- that you have already given them everything they truly need in their life. All you have to do is look at them and you can see what kind of person they have become, what they will do with what YOU and Kim have given to them How they will use it in the many years to come. Let that warm you and see what a great job you have done for them. I lost my mom, goodness it's been almost 13 years now and a day doesn't pass that I don't thank her for what she gave to me and hope that I can only make her proud as she watches over me and I try to pass the wonderful things she gave me to my 2 boys and take the not so wonderful things she gave me and make them better.

Brian I have always believed that everything happens for a reason and sometimes it doesn't show you why until much later and even then we may not recoginze it. Dedria told me about you not feeling well because she knew I could relate but in turn a guy I work with - his best friend has cancer too. My friend here at work didn't understand alot of it what it was like for his bubby, what he will go through. You are showing him the way - helping others (mainly his very best friend) helping them both.
You have done so much for so many without even trying.

Don't worry about your family leave your worries on Gods shoulders - remember.

And remember I am checking on you.

Leigh

4:31 PM, July 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will miss you Brian...Just heard the news...

Chris

12:00 PM, July 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian,
The kids and I have heard the sad news. They wanted to know why bad things happen to such good people. I told them that you are God's son and he was generous enough to give you to us and now he wants you back. I wasn't sure what to say. It doesn't seem fair nor did it seem fair when Aunt Mitzy died.
You are an unforgettable man! When I think about the times I spent around you, all I can think about is laughter. The love and dedication you had for your daughters and wife out shines any other father and husband I know. They were blessed to have you in their life. I remember one time when we were at Mitzy's house and all of the girls (BreBre, Brooke, Brittany and Madison) were playing dress up and they came out giggling and grabbed you to play with them. You joined right in without hesitation and made their night. You wore the hats, the jewelry and the lipstick. You are most definitely one of a kind. Thanks for all the memories. My son Christian really loved you. He said you gave him the nickname "Hoover" because he eats a lot. There will never be anyone like you. I will continue to pray for your family everyday.
Love and honor to a courageous and gentle man,
Paula Stone and children

10:19 PM, July 16, 2007  
Blogger Cameron VSJ said...

Hi,

I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

Thanks,

Cameron

cameronvsj(at)gmail.com

4:47 PM, February 14, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home