Friday, July 13, 2007

Behind every great man...


Is a great woman, and boy have I come to realize that in a huge way over the past few months. Read on.
We started dating in April 1980 (27 years ago; yikes!) and were married in September of 1984. Like many marriages, we've had our ups and downs, but somehow we always managed to make it through the tough times to once again enjoy the good times. And then comes something like cancer, an event that forever and dramatically changes the fabric of your relationship. Many crumble simply due to the stress of it all. Thank God our marriage is even stronger, and that is due in large part to my wife.
To fully understand what I am saying, you would have to spend a day in our home. I have become housebound. I sleep on the sofa in the den. I don't get off the sofa unless I have to go to the bathroom. My physical capacity and ability to do anything is next to nil. (Thank God the mind is still sharp!) This is where Kimberly really begins to shine. Not only does she wait on me hand and foot, but she does so with a smile and a laugh. Her energy level is somewhere around a 15 on a 10 point scale. She would make the Energizer Bunny look like it's stuck in neutral!
So, heres to you sweetheart! Lift a glass of wine and make a toast - to the most wonderful woman God could have ever given me. Saluda!
Till next time, Brian.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home