Friday, October 07, 2005

Finally...

Well, after 4 or 5 weeks of feeling REALLY bad, I ended up in the ER (again) this week due to a fever and various other ailments. I thought I was going to watch the Panthers play the Packers on Monday Night Football and fall asleep at halftime. Nope, other plans. I end up in the ER until 2:30AM and watched the END of the game in a horizontal position on a less than cozy stretcher. After all kinds of tests and X-rays, sure enough they weren't exactly sure what was wrong. Oh well, no surprise.

The "Finally..." title refers to an appointment I had today with my oncologist. I had my most recent CT scan on Wednesday, and met with him today to review the scans. The results were very, very good. The spots on my lungs are completely gone, and the 2 lymph nodes that are cancerous have shrunk "significantly" per the written report. FINALLY, some good news! Seriously, this has been the first time in 7 months that I have something to sink my teeth into, something with positive substance. This is an excellent example of what happens when many people pray for God's will, which was revealed today. I cannot begin to thank the scores of you folks that pray for me on a continuous basis. I am still amazed and humbled by the emails, cards, phone call, and responses I get from folks. Maybe this whole ordeal is God's way of working thru me to minister to others. Who knows ???

The game plan from here is a few more treatments and another scan around Dec. 1. Hopefully we will see more positive results. If so, then I'm off chemo and on an oral "maintenance" medication. Thank God when this happens, because chemo is whipping me pretty bad. Oh yes, I've shaved my head bald and will post a picture soon. Got a snazzy LiveSTRONG yellow hat, I wear it all the time. This after scorching my head after shaving it...no hat and no sunscreen = idiot sunburn. DUH!

Okay, out for now. I will continue to update the blog as new things reveal themselves.

Till next time, Brian...

2 Comments:

Blogger Greg Dekker said...

You're tracking in the right direction! You knew the corner would come, but just didn't know when...all in God's time, but he could hurry up. This is exciting stuff for you and your family (us, too), and we all look forward to more from Pastor Brian.

Greg

9:11 AM, October 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! That is great news and I am extremely happy for you and your family! I am confident that you will continue to receive good news! Keep your head up!
Your friend,
Maggie

5:16 PM, October 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home